Kids | Family
Kaufmann’s Clock 100th Anniversary Celebration Events
A two-day anniversary celebration on May 17 and 18, 2013 will commemorate the century of memories and history embodied in the Kaufmann’s Clock at Macy’s Downtown Pittsburgh.
Friday, May 17th, 2013- Meet Me Under the Clock Day
• 9:45AM: The first day will begin with Mr. McFeely of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, who will read the city proclamation declaring May 17, 2013 as “Meet Me Under The Clock Day.”
• The windows under the clock will feature a display of photos, stories and memorabilia associated with the monument.
• At 10AM, there will be a Macy’s Gift Card Giveaway, in which the first 100 customers to enter the store through the Fifth Avenue entrance will receive a $10 Macy’s gift card, with one customer receiving a $100 gift card.
• A baking demonstration of the iconic Thumbprint Cookie will take place at noon.
Saturday, May 18th, 2013- Meet Me Under the Clock Family Fun Day Celebration
• The second day’s festivities will begin with an additional gift card giveaway at 10AM, with another $100 Macy’s gift card given to one customer.
• At 10 AM, Mr. McFeely will again be available for pictures and autographs.
• An American Street Fair will take place from noon to 4PM on Smithfield Street with traditional fair games and activities, as well as prizes given away by Radio Disney.
• Designer Linda Barnicott will be on hand to sign purchases of her limited edition clock merchandise.
• At 12:30 PM, Macy’s Culinary Council Chef Tom Douglas will make a personal appearance and conduct a cooking demonstration featuring American style cuisine. Space is limited, so reservations are required, and can be made at 1.877.556.2297 starting May 11th.
• The Franklin Regional Marching Band will perform at 2 PM, followed by Dance Expressions by Erica.
• Finally, at 2:30PM the Harlem Globe Trotters will perform and be available afterwards for autographs.