MARS, Pa. - Shortly after 6 p.m. Friday, the Adams Area Fire Department responded to a fire at Macri floral located at 120 Grand Avenue in Mars.
According to firefighters, the fire started in the basement while a family was cooking in the home that is attached to the floral shop.
The fire spread all the way to the attic of the building, but all six people inside were able to escape without injury.
Smoke damage throughout the home was reported, but it is still unclear what kind of damage was done to the Macri Floral.
Nine fire departments from Butler and Allegheny counties were called out to help control the fire.