SOMERSET COUNTY, Pa. - Donations continue to pour in for the family hit by a falling tree in Somerset County last week.
Officials said 8-year-old Ryleigh Freiwald and 6-year-old Macayla Freiwald were killed in the accident on Route 403 in Conemaugh Township.
According to Channel 11's news exchange partners at TribLIVE, more than $12,000 has been donated for funeral costs for the sisters.
Their pregnant mother, 26-year-old Ashley Lichty, broke her pelvis in the crash. She was released from the hospital Thursday to take care of funeral arrangements.
The young girls were laid to rest Saturday.
The nonprofit Jamie's Dream Team is attempting to assist the family by collecting new baby items for Lichty's unborn child, Vice President Kim Shidel said.
"It's probably one of the saddest things," Shidel told the Trib. "I would like to be able to pack up a (moving van). I want to do it so they can try to find some sort of happiness."
What follows are the many ways, according to the Trib, in which people can help:
• New baby girl items for Jamie's Dream Team can be dropped off or mailed to Kim Shidel at 2023 Cypress Drive, White Oak, PA 15131.
• Online donations to Jamie's Dream Team can be made at http://jamiesdreamteam.myfastsite.net/donate/.
• Online donations for funeral costs can be made at http://www.gofundme.com/twoangels/.
• Funeral cost donations can be mailed to 1st Summit Bank, 1560 Menoher Blvd., Johnstown, PA 15905.
Channel 11's news exchange partners at TribLIVE provided the information for this report.
- June 24, 2014 -- Officials ID young girls killed in ‘freak’ Somerset County accident
Donations pouring in for family in 'freak' Somerset Co. accident
Teenager shot and killed at Penn Hills middle school
Bullet strikes window of Butler Area SD elementary school
New Castle police investigate death of 1-year-old boy
Lead levels in Pittsburgh water 'public health crisis,' controller says