Giovanni's Pizza & Pasta ***Please note: Giovanni's did not show up for the taste-testing and was disqualified.*** West Liberty Avenue, Dormont
Please note: Both Fiori's Pizza and Beto's Pizza were nominated but declined to participate in the contest.
1. The Top 15 pizza restaurants were first determined by the number of valid nominations received and second, by the willingness of the pizza restaurant to participate. WPXI.com received more than 800 nominations for more than 150 pizza shops over the past few weeks.
2. The nomination process closed Monday, July 12.
3. A taste test took place at the Channel 11 Studios July 21. Each finalist delivered a plain, cheese pizza for the contest. A specialty pizza was also accepted but was judged in a separate contest.
4. Voting opened to the public Thursday, July 22 at noon on WPXI.com and closed Thursday, July 29 at 5 p.m.
5. Award plaques were given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners as determined by the public vote. Award certificates were given to the remaining finalists.
Sign up for our WPXI-TV Entertainment News Newsletter