PITTSBURGH - The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is advising motorists that, as of 8 p.m. Wednesday, the following state routes are closed or restricted due to flooding or downed trees and wires:
· Route 2046 (Baldwin Road/Streets Run Road) is closed between Brentwood Road in Baldwin Borough and Route 2045 (Mifflin Road) in the City of Pittsburgh;
· I-376 Parkway West (Exit 69-B) off-ramp closed to southbound Route 51 in the City of Pittsburgh;
· Route 51 is closed southbound from I-376 (Parkway West) to the Liberty Tunnels;
· Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) is closed in both directions between the Liberty Tunnels and Stewart Avenue in the City of Pittsburgh;
· Route 4022 (Mt. Nebo Road) is closed between Route 4057 (Roosevelt Road) and Cheryl Drive in Ohio Township;
· Route 1010 (Harts Run Road) is closed between Clearview Road and Middle Road in Hampton Township;
· Route 3038 (Connor Road/Gilkeson Road) is closed between Route 19 (Washington Road) in Mt. Lebanon Township and Route 88 (Library Road) in Bethel Park Borough;
· Route 3023 (Park Road/Tank Farm Road) is closed between Hookstown Grade Road and Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) in Independence Township;
· Route 3013 (Todd Road/Independence Road) is closed between Bryson Road in Hopewell Township and Route 3022 (Tank Farm Road) in Independence Township;
· Route 151 is closed between Route 3023 (Park Road) and Route 3013 (Independence Road) in Independence Township;
· Route 3020 (Service Creek Road) is closed between Parrish Drive and Valley View Drive in Hopewell Township;
· Route 3015 (Industrial Street) is closed between Eastbrook Road and Industrial Street in Taylor Township;
· Route 18 is closed between Reynolds Street and Gardner Avenue in the City of New Castle.
In addition to the PennDOT list, Channel 11 News reported the following:
· Route 50 between the Interstate 79 interchange and Bridgeville remained, as of 8 p.m., shut down becuase of several downed high-tension wires.
· Route 8 at Butler Plank Road closed due to flooding.
Conditions are changing rapidly. Motorists are advised to use caution, expect delays and consider alternate routes.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can visit the PennDOT website or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions on major roadways before traveling.
List of closed/restricted roads due to flooding, downed trees and wires…
Teenager critically injured in shooting in McKees Rocks
Police officer punched in face while breaking up fight; Man charged
‘Put these guns down': Family, friends remember teen shot, killed in Pittsburgh
Teacher accused of inappropriate relationship with teen he met online