DONEGAL TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Emergency crews said two men were shocked by live wires in Donegal Township, Westmoreland County on Thursday afternoon.
“They both fell straight to the ground,” said Lee Daugherty who was working with the crew putting shingles on a house when the accident happened.
One of the men was on a ladder, and the other was holding the ladder when a wind gust pushed the ladder onto wires, Channel 11’s Jodine Costanzo reported.
“It was very scary. I came off the roof pretty fast,” said Daugherty.
Both men are expected to be OK. According to emergency responders, they were both able to walk to a nearby ambulance. From there they were transported to waiting medical helicopters and transported to an area hospital for treatment.
Daugherty said he talked to one of the victim’s on the phone Thursday night. He’s being treated at Mercy Hospital’s burn unit and is in pain.
“They are very lucky. They could have been dead,” he said.
2 men shocked by live wires in Donegal Township
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…