PITTSBURGH - The Liberty Tunnel will have closures during overnight hours Sunday through Wednesday, weather permitting.
On Sunday and Monday nights, the inbound (northbound) tunnel will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The outbound (southbound) tunnel will be closed Tuesday night after traffic from the Penguins game is cleared. The closure will last until 5 a.m.
On Wednesday night, the outbound (southbound) tunnel will close at 10 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m.
The closures are due to tunnel bore and exhaust shaft inspections.
Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes during the closures, but detours will be posted.
- At the tunnel, take Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) north
- Take ramp toward I-376 West/South Route 19 (Carnegie/Airport/West End)
- Bear left to South Route 19 (Banksville Road)
- Bear left to east I-376 (Parkway West)
- Follow I-376 Parkway West eastbound through the Fort Pitt Tunnel
- Bear right on to eastbound I-376 Parkway East
- Take the Parkway East to Grant Street (Exit 71-A)
- From Grant Street, make a right on to Boulevard of the Allies (Route 885)
- Take Boulevard of the Allies east to Liberty Bridge and Tunnels
- End detour
- Make right on to PJ McArdle Roadway
- Continue straight on to Merrimac Street to Woodruff Street
- Follow Woodruff Street to Route 51/19 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard)
- Make left on to Route 51/19 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) and follow back to Route 19 (Liberty Avenue)
- End detour
***Commercial vehicle traffic should use the Parkway East (I-376), Parkway West (I-376) and Route 51 to bypass the closures.***