PITTSBURGH - The Liberty Tunnel will have closures during overnight hours Sunday through Wednesday, weather permitting.
On Sunday and Monday nights, the inbound (northbound) tunnel will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The outbound (southbound) tunnel will be closed Tuesday night after traffic from the Penguins game is cleared. The closure will last until 5 a.m.
On Wednesday night, the outbound (southbound) tunnel will close at 10 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m.
The closures are due to tunnel bore and exhaust shaft inspections.
Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes during the closures, but detours will be posted.
- At the tunnel, take Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) north
- Take ramp toward I-376 West/South Route 19 (Carnegie/Airport/West End)
- Bear left to South Route 19 (Banksville Road)
- Bear left to east I-376 (Parkway West)
- Follow I-376 Parkway West eastbound through the Fort Pitt Tunnel
- Bear right on to eastbound I-376 Parkway East
- Take the Parkway East to Grant Street (Exit 71-A)
- From Grant Street, make a right on to Boulevard of the Allies (Route 885)
- Take Boulevard of the Allies east to Liberty Bridge and Tunnels
- End detour
- Make right on to PJ McArdle Roadway
- Continue straight on to Merrimac Street to Woodruff Street
- Follow Woodruff Street to Route 51/19 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard)
- Make left on to Route 51/19 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) and follow back to Route 19 (Liberty Avenue)
- End detour
***Commercial vehicle traffic should use the Parkway East (I-376), Parkway West (I-376) and Route 51 to bypass the closures.***
Closures expected for Liberty Tunnel through Wednesday
Woman caught on camera stealing Salvation Army kettle at Waycross Walmart
Trump takes to Twitter to mull loss of citizenship, jail time for flag burners
Rescued, injured bald eagle treated at Audubon Center
DECISION 2016 ELECTION RESULTS -- Uncontested Races