WASHINGTON COUNTY, Pa. - A Washington County man recovering from a life-changing spinal cord injury was devastated to learn that he was unable to go home from the hospital after someone stole the copper wiring from his house.
Channel 11’s Renee Kaminski spoke to Shayne Thomas on Monday, who said his house was broken into while he was being treated an area rehabilitation facility.
Less than 24 hours after the story aired and was posted on wpxi.com, the owner of South Hills Electric Heating and Cooling called asking how he can help and offered to rewire Thomas’ home, free of charge.
“I saw the news story on the TV last night. I felt bad for the gentleman. That's a tough thing to go through in life,” said Pat Cray of South Hills Electric and Cooling.
“If he was here, I would give him a hug. I guess I wouldn't know where to begin to thank him. He obviously has a good heart,” said Thomas.
Thomas was injured after falling into a pool three years ago.
His daughter said their family was devastated to learn that someone had broken into her father’s house as he was getting ready to return home.
“It would have made me feel better because I’ve been in a nursing home the last two years. I just wanted to go home,” said Thomas. “All the wiring was cut at the breaker box. There was no wiring at all there.”
Now, thanks to South Hills Electric Heating and Cooling, Thomas will be able to return to his Washington County home as soon as the repairs are made.
Local company steps up to help man burglarized while recovering from…
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…