AMBRIDGE, Pa. - A commercial fire sent billows of smoke into the air in downtown Ambridge Sunday morning.
The fire broke out about 10:30 a.m. at a building on Merchant Street before spreading to an adjacent building. Investigators have not determined what sparked the flames.
One man was rescued from the second floor of one of the buildings.
Chief Dave Drewnowski said, “There was a gentleman hanging out of the window with black smoke coming out. We carried him down off the ladder.”
Carole Korn, who owns the building, was in church when the fire started.
“I don’t look at my cellphone when I’m in church because we’re praying and reading the Bible. When I got out and got into the car, I looked at my phone and there must have been 50 calls from people calling me to tell me that my building was on fire,” said Korn. “Due to circumstances, all I can say is that evidently God doesn’t want me in there and he kept me safe.”
Firefighters battle commercial fire in Ambridge
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…