Updated:WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. —
A third roller coaster at Kennywood was declared a landmark on Sunday.
The Thunderbolt was recognized for its historical significance by the American Coaster Enthusiasts, who named the wooden coaster an ACE Coaster Landmark.
A plaque was unveiled during a ceremony at the amusement park, which was founded in 1898.
The Thunderbolt joined the Jack Rabbit and Racer in distinction as an ACE Coaster Landmark, making Kennywood the only park in the world to have three roller coasters recognized in that way.
The Thunderbolt, originally named The Pippin, was built in 1924. Its tracks take passengers on a 1:48 ride along 3,250 feet of track, reaching a maximum speed of 55 miles per hour.