SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Slippery Rock neighbors risked their lives and rushed to a fire to make sure a family was OK.
“I’m still shocked. I’m overwhelmed,” said Christine Lipke.
Lipke, a young mom, hasn’t had time to tell her two children they lost everything in the fire.
Lipke said she had just left the house for work. Her mom put her 5-year-old and 8-year-old kids on the bus. No one was home.
Firefighters believe space heaters may have started this fire. The family told Channel 11 it had one in each bedroom.
Neighbor Troy Grossman saw the flames and ran to help.
“I started kicking in the door and grabbed a sledgehammer to ram the door, but the flames were too intense,” said Grossman.
Neighbor risks life, rushes to fire to make sure family was OK
Woman falls to her death in Go Ape zip line accident
Father grabbed alligator's snout to pry boy from reptile's mouth, report says
Consultant: I conspired with attorney general to frame aide
Canonsburg teen who inspired so many loses battle with terminal cancer