PITTSBURGH - Alert neighbors are being credited with helping to prevent a South Side home from burning to the ground Monday.
Officials said no one was home when the blaze began at the house on Arlington Avenue.
Neighbors said they smelled smoke so they jumped into action.
“I rushed back in the house, woke them up and grabbed a shirt to cover my eyes until the fire people got here,” Demontae Stine said.
Stine saved some animals that were inside the home.
Officials haven’t said what started the fire, but residents believe something was left on the stove.
Neighbors help save South Side home from burning down
Woman falls to her death in Go Ape zip line accident
Father grabbed alligator's snout to pry boy from reptile's mouth, report says
Consultant: I conspired with attorney general to frame aide
Canonsburg teen who inspired so many loses battle with terminal cancer