BUTLER COUNTY, Pa. - Residents who live in a Butler County neighborhood said children may have intentionally caused a mobile home fire Monday night.
Channel 11’s Dave Bondy reported that the fire happened at a vacant trailer in the Lake Arthur Estates on Morraine Drive around 11 p.m.
People who live nearby said the home has only been vacant for about three weeks.
Mary Ann Platt, who lives close the mobile home, said she heard two loud noises and immediately saw flames coming from a back bedroom.
“I heard a loud boom and that’s when my husband said, ‘What was that?’ and I said, ‘I don’t know, I’ll get up and check,’” Platt said. “That’s when I jumped out of bed, pulled back the curtain and saw it.”
Other people who live in the area said they’ve had problems with kids causing trouble in the park, and believe they could be responsible for the blaze.
“The trailer has been empty for about three to four weeks. I’ve been keeping an eye on it because we’ve had trouble here with the children,” said Platt.
Erica White, who used to live in the home, told Channel 11 News that she moved out about two months ago and had just put it up for sale.
“I have mixed feelings right now and I’m kind of shocked that this would happen. I’m fortunate that I was moved,” White said.
White said there have been electrical problems in the trailer before, but since all of her stuff was moved, she doesn’t think that was the cause.
“I think people in the neighborhood would like to know what happened. It’s scary,” White said.
Firefighters said more than half of the trailer was destroyed. Officials said two other trailers in the area were destroyed by flames in May.
So far, there is no official cause of the blaze. No injuries were reported.
Neighbors say kids may be to blame in Butler Co. mobile home fire
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…