Updated:PITTSBURGH (AP) (AP)ong> - According to U.S. Attorney David Hickton, a Scottish terrorist indicted on charges of emailing 17 bomb threats to the University of Pittsburgh has been released from an Irish prison and will face prosecution in the United Kingdom before seeing a U.S. courtroom.
On Tuesday, Hickton announced 66-year-old Adam Stuart Busby was released to an Irish hospital on March 21.
Busby is waiting for Ireland's Supreme Court to hear his appeal of an order extraditing him to Scotland. That's where he faces charges that he threatened to poison water supplies and then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown in 2010.
Hickton said he's working to ensure Busby is brought to the U.S. after he faces the U.K. charges.
The University of Pittsburgh threats disrupted campus life in April 2012.
- Transgender man sues UPitt, alleges discrimination
- Ohio man sentenced for making video threat to University of Pittsburgh
- 2 handwritten bomb threat notes found at Pitt
- Man charged in Pitt threats scheduled to plead guilty
- 2nd Ohio man arraigned in Pitt hacking threats
- Ohio man pleads not guilty to Pitt threat charges
- Investigators believe Pitt bomb threat suspect had no ties to university
- Man charged with threatening professors says it’s ‘one big misunderstanding’
- More threats force early-morning student evacuations at Pitt
- 4 buildings evacuated in another round of threats at Pitt
- Bomb threats become more bothersome as finals approach, Pitt students say
- Joint terrorism task force joins investigation as bomb threats continue at Pitt
- Strict security changes in effect as bomb threats continue at Pitt
- Video shows couple questioned in Pitt bomb threat case arguing with cops
- Pitt finals to be held in 5 buildings; group says threats are over
- Students support Pitt Police as threats continue
Pitt bomb threats suspect out of Irish prison
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…