CANONSBURG, Pa. - A Canonsburg nursing home employee is facing charges after police said she overdosed on heroin while at work.
Authorities were called to Townview Health and Rehab nursing home when several workers found one of the co-workers allegedly passed out on a hallway floor inside the nursing home.
According to police, officers found two empty stamp bags of suspected heroin and a syringe on a bathroom sink inside the nursing home.
Investigators said the woman told police that she had been clean for several weeks before using the two bags of heroin.
The woman was taken to an area hospital for treatment. She is facing drug paraphernalia charges.
Police said the incident appears to be isolated and they don’t think the woman was stealing any medications from the facility or the residents.
Visitors at the nursing home told Channel 11’s Vince Sims that they were surprised to hear about the alleged incident.
“I wouldn’t want to have someone here. That would concern me a little bit,” visitor Chris Wells said.
Townview Health and Rehab officials declined to comment on the situation, and did not say if the woman is still an employee of their facility.
Police: Worker who passed out inside nursing home overdosed on heroin
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…