The murder trial of Ken Konias Jr., the Dravosburg man accused of killing his armored-car partner and fleeing to Florida with $2.3 million, has been rescheduled for Sept. 3.
Jury selection had been scheduled to begin Monday before Common Pleas Judge David R. Cashman.
Attorneys blamed the delay on a parallel investigation by the FBI that made evidence unavailable to state prosecutors.
The Allegheny County District Attorney's Office charged Konias, 23, with homicide, robbery and theft. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty.
Konias is accused of shooting his partner Michael Haines, 31, inside a Garda Cash Logistics truck on Feb. 28, 2012.
Investigators said Konias ditched the truck under the 31st Street Bridge and fled to Pompano Beach, Fla., where FBI agents and police officers arrested him on April 23.
Police recovered a portion of the money. He remains in the Allegheny County Jail without bond.
This article was written by Channel 11’s news exchange partners at TribLIVE.
Trial for man accused in armored car slaying, heist postponed
Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
Third Hernandez suicide note addressed to inmate, lawyer says
Todd Chrisley and his wife owe the state nearly $800,000, documents say
Man trying to find owner of black and white pictures found in St.…