PITTSBURGH - A woman said her Pittsburgh apartment is making her sick.
After Cindy Gelnette moved into the Frank Mazza Pavillion senior high-rise building in Brookline, she said she began not feeling so well, and her service dog had trouble breathing.
“I had moved so many times. I thought this was going to be the perfect location and the perfect unit,” said Gelnette.
After two trips to the emergency room with nose bleeds, Gelnette, who was born with cerebral palsy, complained to management. Other residents did too.
Gelnette was told the fumes were coming from sewer gas.
She was advised to keep exhaust fans running and flush her drains daily.
The building's vice president confirmed management is working on the problem.
Gelnette has contacted the Fair Housing Authority to get a transfer if the issue isn’t resolved soon.
Woman says Pittsburgh apartment is making her sick
Woman falls to her death in Go Ape zip line accident
Father grabbed alligator's snout to pry boy from reptile's mouth, report says
Consultant: I conspired with attorney general to frame aide
Canonsburg teen who inspired so many loses battle with terminal cancer