by: WSOCTV.com Updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An air traffic controller at Charlotte Douglas International Airport in North Carolina was arrested Friday for having a weapon of mass destruction, a source says.
Paul Dandan was working in the Charlotte Douglas Airport at the time of his arrest, sources say.
Dandan had some kind of explosive, which was not at the airport, sources say.
- Louis C.K. admits allegations of sexual misconduct are true
- Warning: Do NOT buy these gift cards this holiday season
- Police thought cheetah was running through Pa. city streets
- Errors delay delivery of driving citations for years
- VIDEO: Child recovering in Pittsburgh hospital after swallowing fidget spinner battery
Dandan's roommate was arrested for having bomb-making materials, which were not at the airport.
Materials to make a pipe bomb-like device were found at Dandan's residence, a source says. The device was not assembled.
Federal agents are involved in the investigation.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
N.C. air traffic controller arrested for having weapon of mass destruction
Uber paid hackers to keep the data breach quiet, reports say
Reports: Uber paid hackers to keep the data breach quiet
Single mother, actress Jennifer Garner says she 'would not have chosen…
Armed man records Facebook Live during police pursuit