The Philadelphia Eagles were not the only winners Saturday.
Thanks to the Eagles’ 15-10 victory against the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC divisional round, their baseball counterparts are getting free meals.
The Atlanta Braves will be sending the Philadelphia Phillies sandwiches from Chick-fil-A to pay off a bet, WPVI reported.
The Phillies initiated the bet, tweeting at the Braves about a friendly wager:
- Employee arrested following violent incident at Pizza Milano
- Over 60 barges break loose on Ohio River
- Parkway East 'bathtub' section remains closed; travel advisory issued for Steelers game
- Two rescued after 'bathtub' area of I-376 floods
- VIDEO: Hawaiian Missile Threat Alert is False Alarm
The Braves were more than happy to accept the challenge and even set the terms:
You know we stand #InBrotherhood! If the Eagles win, we’ll hook you up with an ATL classic, @ChickFilA... BUT if (when) the @AtlantaFalcons win (which is happening), then you have to hook us up with something from Philly. Deal? pic.twitter.com/vxNtnEG47j— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) January 12, 2018
When the Eagles held on to defeat the Falcons, it gave new meaning to the phrase, “Winner, winner, chicken dinner.” It guaranteed a nice meal for the Phillies, even if they are sandwiches and not full-blown meals. But no meals today, since Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays. However, the Phillies did send an address so the Braves would know where to mail the food.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.