View mobile site
Follow us on
Friday, Dec. 13, 2013 | 4:49 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 12:05 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013
MARS, Pa. —
Shortly after 6 p.m. Friday, the Adams Area Fire Department responded to a fire at Macri floral located at 120 Grand Avenue in Mars.
According to firefighters, the fire started in the basement while a family was cooking in the home that is attached to the floral shop.
The fire spread all the way to the attic of the building, but all six people inside were able to escape without injury.
Smoke damage throughout the home was reported, but it is still unclear what kind of damage was done to the Macri Floral.
Nine fire departments from Butler and Allegheny counties were called out to help control the fire.
WPXI is partnering with local businesses to distribute TXTL8R thumb bands designed to remind drivers to "text later!"
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.