Two people were taken to the hospital following a house fire in Pittsburgh’s Arlington neighborhood Monday.
Patti Huffman said her 26-year-old daughter knocked over a candle inside the Spring Street home, sparking flames on the second floor.
“My son came up and I was up on the third floor. He came and said, ‘Mom get down. Hurry up, it’s going, and it was up in flames in seconds,” said Huffman.
Eight people were inside the home at the time of the fire, including four children, said Huffman.
She said her daughter was taken to the hospital with second-degree burns on the lower part of her body. Huffman said her 2-year-old grandson was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.