View mobile site
Follow us on
Saturday, May 18, 2013 | 8:42 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Updated: 3:20 p.m. Monday, March 4, 2013 | Posted: 2:26 p.m. Monday, March 4, 2013
HOMEWOOD, Pa. —
One person was hospitalized after a fire at a three-story apartment building Monday afternoon in Homewood.
Fire officials said the blaze was reported at a building on North Homewood Avenue and Bennett Street about 1 p.m.
Firefighters said they believe a kerosene heater caught fire and exploding, causing the flames.
Channel 11’s Renee Kaminski reported that the owner of a business who worked on the ground floor of the building was taken to an area hospital. His name and condition has not been released.
No other injuries were reported, Kaminski said.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.