View mobile site
Follow us on
Friday, March 7, 2014 | 11:23 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Updated: 2:44 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013 | Posted: 3:24 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
SOMERSET COUNTY, Pa. —
A Somerset County toddler was airlifted to Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh Monday after a stove toppled onto him.
Investigators said the 2-year-old boy attempted to crawl into the oven compartment of the discarded stove when it fell onto him at a home along Quecreek Road around 12:30 p.m.
The boy initially was transported to Somerset Hospital via ambulance and later was airlifted to Children's Hospital, according to emergency officials.
State police say the family was renovating their kitchen and put the old stove on a covered porch. Investigators said the 32-month-old child crawled into the over and it toppled on top of him.
Tomazic reported that the child remains at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and is “doing better.”
Channel 11’s news exchange partners at TribLIVE contributed to this report.
© 2014 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.