View mobile site
Follow us on
Thursday, May 23, 2013 | 12:56 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Updated: 11:17 a.m. Monday, June 18, 2012 | Posted: 7:23 a.m. Monday, June 18, 2012
A North Side woman was rushed to the hospital after suffering serious burns from fireworks late Sunday night.
Emergency dispatchers said the accident happened at a home on Halsey Place in Marshall-Shadeland.
Amanda Kenneally said she lit the wick of a roman candle and tried to put it out with her hand when it exploded. She said she tried putting the firework out because she saw a police officer nearby.
"All I wanted to do was show them a good time and this is what the outcome was," Kenneally said. "When it went off in my hand it was massive pain."
Kenneally said she suffered second-degree burns to her left hand. She was released from the hospital Monday morning.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.