View mobile site
Follow us on
Sunday, May 19, 2013 | 3:44 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 4:49 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, 2012
WEST VIEW, Pa. —
A two-year-old American bull dog may have died of heat stroke during a walk on Tuesday, officials said.
Patrick Ryan, 29, took his brother’s dog for a walk in West View in extreme heat.
“He overheated. I didn’t know better," said Ryan.
Channel 11 caught up with Ryan after he was questioned by police.
Ryan said he knew the dog looked distressed, but there was nowhere to get water.
Ryan eventually stopped at Arnold’s Market on Center Avenue. The manager tried to save the dog.
“I went to check on it. It was dying,” said Jesse Sprague. “I put a wet towel over it and poured water in its mouth.”
Police said the dog’s bloody paw prints on the sidewalk indicate the dog was dragged. According to police, all four paws were shredded open.
“I feel terrible. I’m broken inside. I loved that dog,” said Ryan.
Police said Ryan could face animal cruelty charges.
WPXI is partnering with local businesses to distribute TXTL8R thumb bands designed to remind drivers to "text later!"
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.