The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announced the ramp from southbound Interstate 579 (Crosstown Boulevard) to the eastbound (toward Oakland) Boulevard of the Allies (Route 885)/ Parkway East (Interstate 376) will be closed this weekend, June 14-17, weather permitting.
The closure will take place around the clock from 8 p.m. Friday through approximately 6 a.m. on Monday.
The closure comes as a result of crews conducting crack sealing operations.
Traffic will be detoured and signs will guide motorists.
• I-579 southbound traffic take the offramp to Sixth Avenue
• Continue straight to Ross and make a right onto First Avenue
• Turn right onto Grant Street
• Make a right onto Boulevard of the Allies
• End detour
Traffic from Bedford Avenue wishing to access the Boulevard of the Allies will be detoured to Seventh Avenue. Motorists will use the following detour:
• Continue on Bedford Avenue past the southbound I-579 exit to Seventh Avenue
• Turn left onto Grant Avenue
• Turn left onto Sixth Avenue
• Turn right onto Ross Avenue
• Turn right onto First Avenue
• Turn right onto Boulevard of the Allies
• End detour
PennDOT announces I-579 ramp closure
2 arrested in heroin trafficking operation that extended to Washington Co.
Execution date set for man convicted of killing 3 Pittsburgh officers
Pittsburgh Mills mall sold to bank for $100 at foreclosure auction
Union leaders bank on Trump's promise to bring back steel, coal jobs