PITTSBURGH - Investigators are continuing to search for two men wanted in connection with a massive drug ring.
James Wells and Rand Wolford are wanted for selling carfentanil, fentanyl and heroin throughout Pittsburgh and the Mon Valley over the last year, including Braddock.
"You are literally handing someone a loaded gun, somebody in the throes of addiction. They don't realize what they are injecting into themselves,” said Braddock Mayor John Fetterman.
This is Allegheny County’s first case involving carfentanil, which also is used as an elephant tranquilizer and can be extremely deadly.
Deondray Beasley, Derek Williams, Dorrean Watson and Patrick Sanders have already been arrested for their parts in selling $750,000 worth of drugs.
"The demand isn't going to go away, but taking out some of the suppliers like what occurred is a big important deal for Braddock,” Fetterman said.
- Louis C.K. admits allegations of sexual misconduct are true
- Warning: Do NOT buy these gift cards this holiday season
- Police thought cheetah was running through Pa. city streets
- TONIGHT AT 5: Errors delay delivery of driving citations for years
- VIDEO: Child recovering in Pittsburgh hospital after swallowing fidget spinner battery
There have been two overdose deaths in Allegheny County linked to carfentanil since August, including 1-year-old Au’driana Cohen.
Investigators hope they don’t see the same path as fentanyl.
According to overdosefreepa.com, 76 percent of overdose deaths in Allegheny County in 2017 involved fentanyl.
Overdose Deaths in Allegheny County
- 2017 - 480
- 2016 - 650
Zip Codes Where the Most ODs are Happening
- 15212 – North Side – 29 Deaths in 2017
- 15210 – Carrick/Mt. Oliver – 23 Deaths in 2017
- 15136 – McKees Rocks/Stowe Township – 23 Deaths in 2017
© 2018 Cox Media Group.