PITTSBURGH - The Liberty Bridge and the inbound Liberty Tunnel in Pittsburgh will be closed this weekend. PennDOT District 11 announced.
The inbound (northbound) Liberty Tunnel and the Liberty Bridge in both directions will close to traffic from 7 p.m. Saturday until 5 a.m. Monday. Crews will conduct deck reconstruction, parapet removal, barrier resetting and other construction projects.
- Aaron Hernandez's fiancee files lawsuit to preserve evidence in prison suicide
- Armed intruders target Pittsburgh home with family inside
- Beer, but no money, stolen in break-in at Pittsburgh bar
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista rants about unicorn Frappuccino drink
Lane restrictions are also scheduled:
- Inbound single-lane restriction from 8 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday
- Outbound single-lane restriction from two hours after the end of the Eric Church concert until noon Saturday
The outbound Liberty Tunnel and P.J. McArdle Roadway will remain open the entire weekend. If the work is completed early, the bridge and the inbound tunnel will be reopened.
All traffic will be detoured during the closure.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.