- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
- Former Steeler wearing kilt rescues woman, daughter
- PHOTOS: Funeral for Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- 8-year-old girl suspected in death of 1-year-old boy at daycare
- Names a diversity and inclusion officer within the city's department of personnel to oversee diversity measures.
- Calls on personnel to develop policies to recruit diverse candidates for any supervisory position within the government. such as directors and managers.
- Orders the office of management and budget to adopt similar policies for contracting.
- Calls for personnel and OMB to study disparities among wages earned and hours worked by minority city workers.
- Calls for a task force of city officials to develop recommendations to City Council on diverse hiring measures.
- Create advisory committees to oversee a settlement agreement reached with the American Civil Liberties Union in 2015 to strengthen diverse hiring measures in the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police and other public safety bureaus.
- Calls for all city-related agencies to adopt similar policies, and for city officials to issue regular reports to the mayor and City Council.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Pittsburgh mayor adopts 'Rooney Rule' for city hiring
Police search for victim after reports of shots fired outside McKees Rocks bar
Highmark could remove MedExpress from insurance networks
Pittsburgh traffic: Updates on your Thursday morning commute
Showers, storms moving into Pittsburgh area Thursday