- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
- Former Steeler wearing kilt rescues woman, daughter
- PHOTOS: Funeral for Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- 8-year-old girl suspected in death of 1-year-old boy at daycare
- Names a diversity and inclusion officer within the city's department of personnel to oversee diversity measures.
- Calls on personnel to develop policies to recruit diverse candidates for any supervisory position within the government. such as directors and managers.
- Orders the office of management and budget to adopt similar policies for contracting.
- Calls for personnel and OMB to study disparities among wages earned and hours worked by minority city workers.
- Calls for a task force of city officials to develop recommendations to City Council on diverse hiring measures.
- Create advisory committees to oversee a settlement agreement reached with the American Civil Liberties Union in 2015 to strengthen diverse hiring measures in the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police and other public safety bureaus.
- Calls for all city-related agencies to adopt similar policies, and for city officials to issue regular reports to the mayor and City Council.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.