Updated:PITTSBURGH,None - PennDOT contractors will be working on several projects during the Mother's Day weekend. Delays are to be expected on the following roads:
Parkway East (I-376)
Crews will be replacing pavement transitions at several bridge locations between the Grant/Stanwix Street and Edgewood Swissvale interchanges. Lane closures will be necessary from 7 p.m. Friday through 6 p.m. Saturday according to the following schedule:
· Single lane traffic in the area of Brady Street from 9 p.m. Friday through 1 p.m. Saturday.
· Single lane closure (two of three lanes open) at the bridge over Bates Street/Oakland Interchange from 7-10 p.m. Friday. At 10 p.m. two of three lanes will be closed allowing only one inbound lane to remain open overnight through 9 a.m. on Saturday. At 9 a.m. Saturday, two lanes will be reopened with only one inbound lane closed through 5 p.m. Saturday.
· Single lane traffic approaching the Squirrel Hill Tunnel in the area of Commercial Street from 9 p.m. Friday through 1 p.m. Saturday.
· Single lane traffic (two of three lanes closed) at the bridge over Bates Street/Oakland Interchange from midnight Friday through 10 a.m. Saturday. At 10 a.m. Saturday, two lanes will be reopened with only one outbound lane closed through 6 p.m. Saturday.
· Single lane traffic from the city side of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel through the tunnel to the area of Commercial Street from midnight Friday to 4 a.m. Saturday.
Parkway West (I-376)
Single lane traffic on the inbound Parkway West at Carnegie will occur from 6 a.m. to noon Saturday. Crews will conduct routine inspection activities on the bridge that carries the inbound Parkway West over Whiskey Run.
Intermittent, short-term single lane and shoulder closures will occur in several locations on I-79 for guide rail repairs between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday in the following areas:
Northbound between the Mt. Nebo and Wexford interchanges Southbound between the Carnegie and Bridgeville interchanges Crews will continue milling and paving southbound I-79 from the Neville Island Bridge to the Crafton/Route 60 interchange. Single lane traffic will occur from 7 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday. Northbound traffic on I-79 will not be affected.
Traffic in both directions on Interstate 79 in Marshall Township will be stopped intermittently on Sunday morning. Brief traffic stoppages of 15 minutes or less will occur between 7-8 a.m. Sunday in the area between the Freeport Road overpass and the Cranberry interchange.
Single lane closures on I-579 (Crosstown Boulevard) between the Liberty Bridge and Forbes Avenue will occur as needed from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
The northbound left lane on Route 28 (Allegheny Valley Expressway) will be closed in the area of the Etna/Route 8 interchange from 8 p.m. Friday through 10 p.m. Saturday. Contractor crews will improve ride quality by replacing concrete on northbound Route 28 at former crossover locations between the Etna off-ramp and the Route 8 interchange.