by: Mark Kaboly Updated:PITTSBURGH —
The Steelers announced their full training camp schedule and it's highlighted with 16 practices open to the public including two at night.
The team will report to St. Vincent College on July 26 with the first full practice scheduled for the next day. Under collective bargaining rules, the first two sessions -- July 27-28 -- will be with helmets and shorts only.
The Steelers will hold two night practices – one at Latrobe's Memorial Stadium on Aug. 2 (7 p.m.) and the other at St. Vincent College (5:30 p.m.).
The team will break camp on Aug. 18 with the final practice open to the public being Aug. 17.
The Steelers have four off days scheduled with in their 24 days at St. Vincent College – July 30, Aug. 6, 11 and 13. Campus will also be closed Aug. 9, the day before the Steelers first preseason game against the Giants.
Steelers Training Camp Schedule
(All practices at 3 p.m. unless noted otherwise)
- Friday, July 26 – Players report; campus closed
- Saturday, July27 – (Helmets and shorts)
- Sunday, July 28 – (Helmets and shorts)
- Monday, July 29
- Tuesday, July 30 – Players off -- campus closed
- Wednesday, July 31
- Thursday, Aug. 1
- Friday, Aug 2 – Night practice at Latrobe's Memorial Stadium, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 3
- Sunday, Aug. 4
- Monday, Aug. 5
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 – Players off -- campus closed
- Wednesday, Aug. 7
- Thursday, Aug. 8
- Friday, Aug. 9 – Campus closed
- Saturday, Aug. 10 – Preseason opener vs. N.Y. Giants at Heinz Field
- Sunday, Aug. 11 – Players off; campus closed
- Monday, Aug. 12
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 – Players off -- campus closed
- Wednesday, Aug. 14 – Evening practice at Saint Vincent College, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 15
- Friday, Aug. 16
- Saturday, Aug. 17
- Sunday, Aug. 18 – Break camp; campus closed
This article was written by Channel 11's news-exchange partners at TribLIVE.
Steelers announce training camp schedule
Steelers' Bell addresses reports of 4-game suspension at training camp
Steelers' 2016 training camp gets off to stormy start
Steelers' Antonio Brown featured in NBC's new 'Sunday Night Football' opener
Steelers' 2016 season to officially kick off with training camp