PITSBURGH - PennDOT announced changes this week to construction plans on the Parkway North.
The East Street off-ramp and Perrysville off-ramps will be closed from Thursday at 7 p.m. to Friday at 6 a.m. Crews will be paving those ramps.
Here are the posted detours:
East Street Off-ramp
- Exit at the Venture Street exit (Exit 4) – (This is before the East Street exit.)
- Turn left onto East Street
- Continue to follow East Street.
- End detour
Perrysville Avenue Off-ramp
- Continue southbound on I-279
- Exit at the Venture Street exit (Exit 4)
- Turn right onto East Street
- East Street becomes Evergreen Road
- Continue straight onto McKnight Road
- Exit right toward Westview
- Turn right onto Babcock Boulevard
- Turn left onto Cemetery Lane
- End detour
Work on the Camp Horne Road off-ramp was supposed to happen this weekend, but PennDOT has changed its plans because of rain delays on previously scheduled work.
Repaving of the work in the Camp Horne Road off-ramp will take place during the day on Friday and the off-ramp will remain open, according to PennDOT.
- Man dead after shooting in South Side Slopes
- Pastor accused of taking thousands of dollars from his Beaver Co. church
- Woman stabs boyfriend after finding him naked on her 12-year-old daughter
- VIDEO: NAACP threatening action over 'racial inequalities' in Gateway School District
There’s some good news about the HOV lanes. They will reopen at 11 a.m. on Sunday. That means next week the normal HOV traffic patterns will resume.
All of this work is part of the nearly $88 million dollar Parkway North improvement project.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Changes to Parkway North construction this weekend
Peduto touts Pittsburgh flexibility in bid for Amazon headquarters
Robbery attempt leads to shooting of juvenile in Homewood
Mayor Peduto submits 2018 budget, includes no tax increases
Headed downtown Sunday? Be wary of road closures for the Great Race