PITTSBURGH — Back to school can be an exciting time for students and parents, but it can also be stressful.
From shopping for new clothes to school supplies, it can really take a toll on your wallet.
The Pack the Bus event Saturday Aug. 18 was held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at several Giant Eagle locations across our area.
We want to pack as many First Student buses full of notebooks, paper, markers, crayons and other supplies. They'll be distributed to students through the Education Partnership.
Several Channel 11 personalities will be at some of the locations. Come out and meet them!
You can donate school supplies at these Dollar Bank locations across our area August 7th-August 24th.
Additionally, now through September 5th, every donation made at checkout at participating
stores will go back to
, making it possible to equip local students with the school supplies needed for success!
- Notebooks (1 subject/composition)
- Copy Paper (reams of 500 sheets, 8.5 x 11, white)
- Two-pocket folders (9 x 11.5")
- Dry-erase makers
- Disinfecting wipes
SCHOOLS ALWAYS NEED:
- Washable markers (8-, 10-packs)
- Crayons (24-packs)
- Construction paper
- Filler paper (3-hole punched and lined)
- Glue sticks
- Glue bottles (4 oz.)
- Pencils (#2)
- Clear tape rolls (for standard dispensers)
- Erasers (cap, beveled and dry-erase)
- Pencil sharpeners (non-electric)
- Boxes of tissues
We’re happy to accept whatever you can donate!
© 2020 Cox Media Group