Max Wright, best known for his role as Willie Tanner on the '80s sitcom “Alf” has died following a long battle with cancer.
Wright's son Ben confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Wright passed away after he was diagnosed with lymphoma nearly 25 years ago. In 1995, he was treated and the cancer was in remission until 2019.
TMZ initially reported his death Wednesday afternoon, saying that Wright passed away in his home just outside of Los Angeles.
Wright appeared in many other '80s and '90s sitcoms including "Buffalo Bill," "Cheers," "WKRP in Cincinnati," "Taxi" and "Friends."
Wright's wife, Linda Ybarrondo, died in 2017 after a battle with breast cancer.
- Girl's seat belt came undone on Kennywood coaster, family says
- Woman tries to abduct two children from airport
- WATCH: The moment deputies save baby girl wrapped in plastic bag on roadside
- VIDEO: American beavers welcome new kits at Pittsburgh Zoo
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.