Over 20 years later, the sequel to the 1988 comedy “Coming to America” is now officially in the works, according to Hollywood Reporter.
Craig Brewer, whose projects include “Hustle & Flow,” “Footloose” (2011) and several episodes of the TV series “Empire,” has been selected to direct the film.
Brewer is currently working with Murphy on “Dolemite Is My Name,” a biographical film based on the life of Rudy Ray Moore.
Production has not officially been scheduled but is expected to begin in 2019.
- 1 hospitalized, 1 in custody after attempted stabbing in Mt. Lebanon
- Police: Driver in Utah crash was doing ‘Bird Box' challenge
- Upward of 3 inches of snow possible in some parts of area this weekend
- VIDEO: 11 restaurants to check out during Restaurant Week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.