Dolly Parton has issued a challenge to her fans -- sing her classic hit-turned-television character "Jolene" and submit a clip to the singer/songwriter.
Parton, as part of the promotion for her upcoming Netflix series "Heartstings" has issued the #JoleneChallenge" with some help from Julianne Hough, who plays the Jolene in the series, WVLT reported.
Only one more week until "Heartstrings" is here ❤️ Share your best version of "Jolene" now using the hashtag #JoleneChallenge and watch "Heartstrings" November 22 on Netflix! pic.twitter.com/h0Ym8ZZwBW— Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) November 16, 2019
For a little refresher, take a listen to her original version released as the title track from her 13th solo album in 1974. The song tells story of a wife who is afraid her husband's having an affair with a woman, begging the woman not to take her husband away.
To take part in the challenge, just upload your video to social media and tag it with #JoleneChallenge, WATE reported.
"Heartstrings" hits Netflix on Friday, according to WVLT.
- Person left unconscious in crosswalk after hit-and-run at Pittsburgh intersection
- ‘Saturday Night Live' spoofs Garrett-Rudolph incident
- Local police using popular device many homeowners already have to solve crimes
- VIDEO: Argument ends with man being shot to death, suspect identified through surveillance video
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.