The first major theater release of a Harriet Tubman biopic will be out in the fall, and Focus Features has released the official trailer.
EW.com reported that British actress Cynthia Erivo is already getting awards season buzz for her portrayal of the American abolitionist and political activist in "Harriet."
The trailer for "Harriet" shows Tubman as she escaped the south as a runaway slave, making it to the north before deciding to go back and help others escape to freedom on the Underground Railroad in the mid-1800s. Singer and actress Janelle Monae, "Hamilton" star Leslie Odom Jr. and country singer Jennifer Nettles are also seen in the trailer.
"Harriet" will be in theaters Nov 1. Watch the trailer below.
- 1 person killed after shootout with police at McKnight Road shopping center
- Hundreds celebrate life of Pittsburgh Officer Calvin Hall at funeral service
- House demolition lends itself to spider joke, goes viral on social media
- VIDEO: Body of man missing for 10 years found behind cooler at closed supermarket
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.