Turns out, you don't have to grin and bear it!
Customers who learned that Build-a-Bear killed its Pay Your Age promotion Thursday after the bargain event caused chaos at stores are being offered a $15 voucher.
Parents stood in line up to six hours to get a plush toy for the cost of their child's age. Although the typical prices of the toys, which are stuffed at the stores, only cost between $10-$25, the additional accessories can raise the total to more than $100.
Get your voucher. Here's how
In order to take advantage of the one-day deal, an adult had to enroll in the free Build-a-Bear Bonus Club rewards program by creating an account and providing an email address.
Customers who were in line, but were turned away were given a $15 voucher toward the purchase of a bear. Now, customers who avoided the line or otherwise missed the sale still can get a $15 voucher in the U.S. and Canada. Here's what to do:
- Log onto your Build-a-Bear Bonus Club account by midnight July 15.
- Click to print or screenshot the voucher.
- Limit one coupon per Bonus Club account.
- Valid for in-story purchases only.
- The voucher is good through Aug. 31, 2018.
Build-a-Bear representatives are encouraging customers to take their time using the vouchers in order to "enable us to better flow traffic to the stores over the next several weeks to avoid long lines and wait times as much as possible."
Parents were thrilled when the deal was announced on Monday, but it quickly gave way to disappointment and rage as long lines and stores closures developed.
Build-a-Bear was unprepared
Build-a-Bear told All the Moms it is aware it disappointed guests and that its primary reason for turning away guests was safety concerns.
"We feel it is important to share that, based on the information available to us before the day began, we could not have predicted this reaction to our Pay Your Age Day event. We understand that many Guests were turned away as, due to safety concerns created by the crowds, authorities in certain locations closed Build-A-Bear stores and, in other locations, we were forced to limit the line."
Like All the Moms?
- Busy Philipps is famous for sharing everything. Except her anxiety.
- Exclusive: Watch this 'Fancy Nancy' sneak-peek clip before show premieres on Disney Junior Friday, July 13
- Want your baby to sleep better? Feed them solid food sooner, a study suggests
- Stitch Fix just launched a clothing subscription box for kids (and it's affordable!)