SPOKANE, Wash. - Gun control advocates have created a series of statues they are hoping will convince voters to consider the issue at the ballot box.
The statues are called "The Last Lockdown."
- Girl, 10, with Type 1 diabetes dies after blood sugar dropped during sleepover
- Mister Rogers celebrated with Google Doodle
- 5 people, including 3 infants, stabbed at New York City day care
- VIDEO: $35K life savings lost when woman replaces freezer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The 3D-printed creations depict a scared child hiding under a school desk.
Activist and former congresswoman Gabby Giffords teamed up with student activists to create the statues.
They will be displayed in 10 targeted congressional districts at various times leading up to the midterm elections.