GANZHOU CITY, China - A 5-year-old girl in eastern China was rescued after falling through the bars of a fifth-floor window.
She slipped through the protective bars on the window ledge of the seven-story building, and was hanging for about 10 minutes before being rescued by firefighters.
- These roads are closed or restricted because of flooding and landslides
- American Red Cross opens shelter, sends help to people affected by flooding
- Flash Flood Watch for areas experiencing heavy rain
- VIDEO: Water pours into garages and yards after pipe breaks
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The door was locked inside the apartment and firemen could not open it.
The firefighters divided into two groups to rescue the little girl, one group descending from the top of the building and the other breaking the door from the outside.
The girl got stuck when her mother went out to buy food.