PITTSBURGH - Although it still has a steering wheel and pedals, Uber’s newest vehicle was specifically engineered and designed for a computer to drive.
After about three years of development with Volvo, Uber Technologies Inc. (NYSE:UBER) revealed its newest autonomous vehicle this week, moving away from the concept of retrofitting standard vehicles with self-driving technology.
- 7th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while celebrating her birthday
- 4,600 cases of Pillsbury flour recalled over possible E. coli contamination
- Harry Potter festival coming to Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Man who gave free 'Dad Hugs' during Pittsburgh Pride goes viral
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times