EAST RENFREWSHIRE, Scotland - And you thought your workday was challenging.
A girl from Scotland has gained viral fame after her mother shared two hilarious photos showing just how hectic the first day of school can be.
According to the Barrhead News, Jillian Falconer of East Renfrewshire said she snapped the first picture of her daughter, Lucie, before she headed to her first day at Neilston Primary School. In the snapshot, the 5-year-old, clad in a uniform with her hair tied neatly with a bow, happily smiles for the camera.
But that all changed by the time Lucie returned home hours later, her mom told the news outlet. In a second photo, Lucie appears to scowl, her sweater drooping as one knee-sock pools around her ankle.
"Her dad asked how she got on during the day, so I sent him the picture of Lucie just to show that obviously, she had an eventful day," Falconer told the "Today" show.
The Barrhead News posted the images Wednesday on Facebook. By Sunday morning, they had been shared more than 21,000 times.
Out of all the Back To School pictures we received here at Barrhead News HQ, this has got to be our favourite....Posted by Barrhead News on Wednesday, August 21, 2019
The good news? Despite appearances, Lucie actually had a fun day, her mom said.
"I asked her what she had been doing at school, and she said, 'Oh, nothing, I just played with my friends,'" Falconer told the Barrhead News.
- Wife of school bus driver killed in crash says husband was her best friend, soulmate
- Police: Woman's 911 call leads to her arrest after child found home alone among drugs
- 16 states have passed laws that can change the way we pick a president
- VIDEO: 11 Investigates why many local police departments still don't have body cameras
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.