ROSS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - This will be the last year that sixth graders in the North Hills School District will have class at the elementary schools.
The board approved the plan last winter because the district's elementary schools are running out of room.
Moving the 6th grade to the middle school will help keep class sizes down.
The district will make the move next summer, meaning this year's fifth grade class will be the first group of students to have sixth grade as part of the middle school.
To learn more, visit the district's middle school transition website.
- Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- New lawsuit filed against Diocese of Pittsburgh accuses two priests of sex assault
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- VIDEO: Local animal rescue group asking for public's help after dog found tied to post, shot to death
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.