WASHINGTON, Pa. - Fruits and vegetables are taking center stage in the Washington School District this year.
The district's elementary schools are part of a federal grant.
The money is being used to fund healthy, fresh food programs.
The goal is to introduce children to produce they may not otherwise get.
- Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- New lawsuit filed against Diocese of Pittsburgh accuses two priests of sex assault
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- VIDEO: Local animal rescue group asking for public's help after dog found tied to post, shot to death
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.