MARSHALL COUNTY, Ky. - Scary moments on the water were captured on video as boaters rushed for safety during a storm.
Surveillance video from Moors Resort and Marina shows winds picking up Sunday just as a group was coming off Kentucky Lake.
- Girl's seat belt came undone on Kennywood coaster, family says
- Woman tries to abduct two children from airport
- WATCH: The moment deputies save baby girl wrapped in plastic bag on roadside
- VIDEO: American beavers welcome new kits at Pittsburgh Zoo
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
They managed to get off just in time as part of the marina was torn apart by the storm.
The National Weather Service determined an EF-1 tornado hit the pier with winds of 100 miles per hour.
It is amazing that no one was injured, but more than 40 boats were damaged.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.