SYDNEY, Australia - Incredible footage of a school of rays swimming in the waters off Sydney was captured by a drone.
The rare event, captured by Drone Shark App, shows the school of cownose ray swimming in the crystal clear waters of Sydney's Bondi Beach.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- Swimmers beware: 15-foot great white shark tracked off coast of Carolinas
- Woman forced young girl to get birth control implant in her arm, police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Australia has two different species of cownose ray and according to Drone Shark App, which provides drone footage for surfers and shark alerts for beachgoers, it is unusual to see the rays this far south.
Drone Shark App said it hasn't seen anything like it in the two years its drones have been up in the air.