HOUSTON, Texas - A woman in Texas made her point when she announced that she was cancer-free.
Darla Jaye broke the cancer-free bell at a Houston hospital Monday.
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 in the hospital
- Florida man makes sign after panhandler rejects his job offer
- Can you help? A 10-year-old girl is missing and police are looking for her
- VIDEO: Norwin sophomore identified as teen killed in fall at YMCA camp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Patients usually ring the bell on the way out after finishing their treatment.
But in Jaye's case, she was apparently so strong the bell couldn't handle it.
She left the hospital after 30 radiation treatments for breast cancer.
Jaye said she simply didn't know how strong she was at the tail end of her fight with cancer.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.