Friday is the unofficial start of the summer travel season, and what better way to celebrate than make a day out of it? That's why the Friday before Memorial Day weekend is National Road Trip Day.
The day was created this year by U.S. travel center giant Pilot Flying J.
- Video appears to show man taking bath in kitchen sink of Florida Wendy's
- Teen couldn't bring boyfriend to prom, takes him to Pirates game instead
- Man, 69, shot to death while delivering newspapers
- VIDEO: Dog Owner Upset After Pet Cam Caught Petsitter Walking Around Naked in Her Home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
AAA said nearly 43 million Americans will start their summers with a Memorial Day weekend getaway, and nearly 38 million of them will go on a road trip to do so.
The top Memorial Day travel destination this year, according to AAA, is Orlando, Florida.
Travel research firm MMGY said 51 percent of Americans took at least one road trip in 2018.
This Friday is #NationalRoadTripDay. We encourage you to:— Pilot Flying J (@PilotFlyingJ) May 21, 2019
- Go far
- See new things
- Meet new people
- Experience the world
- Experience life
- Fall back in love with the rambling beauty that is America
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.