MADHYA PRADESH, India - The word "miracle" is often used a little too lightly, but this is not one of those times. A 21-year-old man from central India has survived a traumatic injury.
He was repairing a well when he fell and an iron rod pierced his skull.
The man was taken to a hospital and then transferred to a specialist facility for surgery. A team of six doctors removed the rod, which luckily didn't hit any major blood vessels in the brain. Doctors said the man didn't suffer brain trauma and regained consciousness a few hours after the surgery was complete.
He should be able to return home within a few days.
- 2 houses on fire, flames visible
- Sri Lanka explosions: Easter Sunday blasts at churches, hotels kill dozens
- Man sentenced to 90 days in jail after killing 159 protected birds of prey
- VIDEO: Rezoning vote expected this week on former Trader Horn site in McCandless
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.