Instagram is going to let you know when you're being mean.
It's launching two features to combat bullying: comment warnings and a restrict option.
The comment warning can supposedly detect offensive or "borderline" content as a user is typing, then prompt them to reconsider before they post.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Instagram officials said it will also soon begin testing a "restrict" option that will allow users to hide comments from specific users without notifying those users that they've been muted.
Adam Mosseri has made combating online bullying a top priority since he took over the reins of Instagram in October.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.